Hey y’all! Happy bank holiday weekend, whoop whoop! *If there are such greetings, LOL!*
My interest in food is becoming something, I think…Certainly not an addiction; maybe, maybe not. Hmm. Anyway, here is a recipe for a French Toast with Berry Compote breakfast I made during the week. It’s luush!
Needing about 20minutes to make (including preparation time), certainly costing less than £10, this feeds 2. Add a few more slices of bread, and you are well on your way to having a partaay!
Note: I’ll suggest you make both alongside each other. You’ll be done in no time!
R E C I P E
2 thick slices of bread – (I bought a whole loaf of brown bread, and cut myself)
2 medium sized eggs
1 Tablespoon of Vanilla
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Black Pepper
2 Tablespoons Butter
S T E P S
- Beat eggs in a bowl large enough to accommodate slices of bread.
- Add other ingredients to beaten eggs, and mix thoroughly. Please note you can also add other spices of your choice. Cinnamon and orange zests are commonly used.
- Dip slices of bread in mixture and allow to rest on both sides until soaked.
- Add butter to a pan on medium heat.
- Fry soaked slices of bread, on both sides, until golden brown.
50g Strawberries – I cut mine into small chunks
1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
S T E P S
- Using a small sized pot, add half of blueberries, sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil; causing sugar to cameralize.
- Slightly mash the blueberries in pan, so it has a crumbled look.
- Add remaining half of blueberries and strawberries to the pan content.
- Simmer for about 10minutes.
- Serve with French toast. Add some icing sugar as garnish if you wish.
- Enjoy and be merry!
I hope these steps are helpful, and the breakfast enjoyable. Really and truly, you can have this at any point in the day. If you do try it out, please tag me in it and hashtag #FunmiRecipe. Would love to see what you came up with.
Have a great weekend.
Be right back!