Hi all, hope you’re well and having a great weekend!
On today’s post, I’ll be sharing a recipe for a Cottage Pie I made a few weeks ago. Although I had intended on putting up this post ever since, it just didn’t happen; until a friend made a point of it on Instagram last week requesting it *covers face*. Definitely didn’t want this weekend going by without me sharing it. So here it is!
Ps; if you aren’t following me on Instagram, you should do so. 😉
R E C I P E
Beef Sauce Base
500g Lean Minced Beef
50g Diced Carrots
2tbsp Tomato Paste
2 Garlic Pieces
1 Large Onion
1 Thumb-sized Ginger
1 Scotch Bonnet
- In a pan of lightly fried onions, garlic and ginger, add your minced beef. Stir occasionally until it is cooked. It should be brown in colour.
- Add chopped carrots and peas to allow to steam lightly; followed by the seasoning – salt, curry, thyme, turmeric and a few shakes of parsley for good fortune, haha! Oh yes, add the tomato paste and cut up scotch bonnet at this stage also. Leave to steam for about 10minutes on low heat.
- Whilst that is ongoing, cooked chopped up potatoes in salted water until soft and drain. Add butter, and mash till it’s creamy in texture. You may add some seasoning if you wish. Just be careful not to add too much, as you already have some in the beef base.
- Spoon the beef sauce into an oven dish. Top it with the mash, and spread generously covering all areas. To make the pattern seen in the picture, use a fork to draw lines across, going from one end to another.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Voilà, profitez et être joyeux!
I hope these steps are helpful, and the pie enjoyable. If you do try it out, please tag me in it using the hastag #FunmiRecipe. Would love to see what you came up with.
Be right back!