Hey, welcome back!
Hope you’re having a great start to the weekend. I’ve got quite a few on my schedule this weekend; however, it sure will be a productive and fun one.
If your schedule is quite like mine, I’ve got something to help you get by. Or – do you have an outing planned with friends; how about you invite them over instead? Wanting to make a great impression with someone? I gotchu hunny, I gotchu!
Once again my lovelies, I’ve got a recipe for you – a dessert! *Smirks*
Needing about 20 minutes to make, costing less than £10; this recipe feeds two. Add a few more bananas, and you are well on your way to feeding a crowd.
Note; you can always substitute the bananas for other fruits, such as; peaches, pears, pineapples, mangoes or even strawberries.
R E C I P E
30g (2 Tablespoons) Butter
30g Brown Sugar
50ml Rum – White or brown
Mint Leaves – As garnish
P R O C E D U R E
– Cut bananas into halves, horizontally.
– Melt butter and sugar in a pan over medium heat, until sugar cameralizes.
– Add bananas and cook each side for about 5minutes; until it is glazed and golden.
– Add rum to the pan content. When warm, if using a gas cooker slightly tilt the pan and it should be ignited. If using an electric cooker, you’ll need a lighter or safety match to ignite the flame. (***Please take care in doing this)
– Add a pinch of cinnamon while the flame is still abode – This will create some sparkles, which certainly will excite your guests.
– Serve bananas with vanilla ice cream in a large bowl to be shared, or individual dessert bowls.
– Add mint leaf as garnish.
– Enjoy and be merry!
I hope these steps are helpful, and the dessert enjoyable. If you do try it out, please tag me in it and hashtag #FunmiRecipe. Would love to see what you came up with.
Have a great weekend.
Be right back!