Hi all, hope everyone is well and have had a great, productive week. I do hope my London friends are keeping safe amidst the recent occurrence of unfortunate circumstances. I pray that the families of the victims be comforted, and speedily recovery for those injured.
Coupled to that, the weather hasn’t been great either. Indecisiveness; the transition remains prolonged. Finding comfort will definitely be an essential part of this weekend, which brings us to today’s post. Today’s recipe will be for Sweet Potato Mash and Pork Chops, served with Spring vegetables – peas, carrots and leek.
Feeding two, this will take 50minutes to prepare, including preparation time.
I N G R E D I E N T S
M a s h
3 Medium-sized Sweet Potatoes
Fresh Coriander Leaves
Fresh Parsley Leaves
Fresh Rosemary Leaves
½ Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Butter
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
S T E P S
- Boil your sweet potatoes in salty water till soft. After which, drain and set aside.
- In a heated pan containing olive oil, fry chopped shallot till translucent, and later add chopped rosemary, coriander and parsley leaves. Fry lightly till flavours are well incorporated.
- Pour in your cooked potatoes with the butter. Mash as desired, stirring occasionally.
P o r k C h o p
2 Pork Chops
1 Tsp: Salt, Black Pepper, Curry, Italian Seasoning, Ground Spice, Ground Ginger, Parsley, Tarragon
1 Clove Garlic
½ Thumb-sized Fresh Ginger
1 Tbsp Honey
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
S T E P S
- Rinse pork chops in lemon juice. After which; add all seasoning, chopped garlic and ginger, honey, and a tablespoon of olive oil. Massage in thoroughly and leave for 20minutes to marinade.
- Adding the remaining olive oil to a heated pan, including some chopped rosemary leaves. Lightly toast till the oil is infused
- Fry the marinated chops on each side for about 5 minutes.
- Should you want it well done, grill in the oven for another 10minutes. Do incorporate a water bath, so it remains moist.
- Following that, leave to rest.
- Enjoy and be merry!
There you have it! I hope these steps are helpful, and the sweet potato mash with pork chops, sweet. If you do try it out, please share with me; would love to see what you came up with – #FunmiCooks.
I hope you all have a fantastic and safe weekend.
Be Right Back,