Hi all, hope everyone’s well and have had a great week. Looking forward to the weekend? Have you got anything planned? Nothing spectacular for me as of yet. Who knows, a surprise might arise!
On today’s post, I’ll be sharing with you our first recipe of this year. A few weeks ago, I’d gone to an Indian restaurant with some friends and ordered exactly this, which spiked the thought of me actually making it myself. Adding some extra spice to suit this season, my judgement? A success; if I do say so myself. Haha.
With an hour prep and cooking time, also feeding two; a recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala.
I N G R E D I E N T S
300g Chicken Breast
200g Chopped Tomatoes
100ml Natural Yoghurt
1 Cup Water
½ Cup Oil
½ Lemon Juice
2 Scotch Bonnet
1 Tbsp Tomato Puree
1 Tbsp Grated Garlic
1 Tbsp Grated Ginger
1 Chopped Red Onion
1 Chopped White Onion
1 Tsp Spices Each: Tikka Curry Powder, Parsley, Curry Powder, Curry Masala, Ground Spice, Turmeric, and Black Pepper.
2 Tsp Salt
S T E P S
- In a bowl; mix chicken, lemon juice, yoghurt, grated ginger and garlic, and half of all spices together. Leave to marinade for about half hour.
…Whilst the above is ongoing…
- Heat oil in a pan on low to medium heat, cook chopped onions till soft and golden. After which, add chopped fresh tomatoes and cook till mushy-like.
…Stir occasionally to avoid burns….
- Add the remaining spice and salt to the pan mixture and cook for about 3 minutes – till spices are well incorporated and cooked.
- Add the marinated chicken, tomato puree, chopped scotch bonnet and water to the pan and stir well. Allow to simmer for about 15-20 minutes on medium heat, until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- There you have it, it’s ready. I garnished with chopped spinach leaves and serviced with some boiled rice and naans.
- Ānada hai atē dāvata hō!
I hope these steps are helpful, and the Chicken Tikka Masala beautiful. If you do try it out, please share with me; would love to see what you came up with.
Be Right Back,