Hi all, hope you’re well and having a relaxed Christmas Eve? I’m sure most are out trying to get their last minute shopping done. That will be me right after this post goes up; good thing is I know what’s for dinner tomorrow. This brings us to our fifth post of our Seven Days of Blogmas series.
On today’s post, I’ll be sharing how to make Potato Roses. This would be a viable alternative to your traditional roast; and as easy as it is to make, it’ll make a great impression on your guests easily. With 50minutes making time, this can feed 4.
I N G R E D I E N T S
4 Large Potatoes
12 Streaks Bacon
1 TBS Butter
½ TSP Salt
½ TSP Black Pepper
½ TSP Curry
½ TSP Thyme
½ TSP Parsley
S T E P S
- Preheat your over to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Peal your potatoes, cutting them in thin slices.
- In a bowl, add seasoning and melted butter, mixing thoroughly. Also massage your potato slices in the mixture.
- Lay bacon streak flat on a plate, and arrange 8 to 10 potato slices overlapping the previous.
- Wrap the bacon slice around the bottom of the potato, and secure with a BBQ stick or toothpick.
- Bake in the oven for about 30-40minutes till potatoes are cooked.
- There you have it; enjoy and be merry. Feliz navidad!
PS; If the top begins to turn brown quicker than hoped for, you may cover with foil to prevent further browning.
I hope these steps are helpful, and the potato roses delicious. If you do try it out, please share with me. Would love to see what you came up with.
Be Right Back,