Hi all, hope you’re well and finally getting in the mode of Christmas. I guess I officially can say I am, after singing at a friend’s church carol service this evening.
As expected on today’s post, we’ll be having our fourth edition of the Seven Days of Blogmas series. I’ll be sharing with you a recipe for granola which would be great for Christmas day breakfast.
Following up from yesterday’s post, this can also serve as a DIY gift idea, especially if you’ll be spending the day at another’s. This would be great relief, exempting your host from having to make a first meal. Besides, I’m certain your guest would be highly impressed by the taste and cinnamon fragrance oozing from it.
With an hour’s making time, including preparation, this can feed up to 6. Best served with yoghurt and berry compote (recipe here).
I N G R E D I E N T S
4 Cups Rolled Oats
½ Cup Coconut Flakes
½ Cup Olive Oil
½ Cup Maple Syrup
½ Cup Dried Fruits
¼ Cup Brown Sugar
¼ Cup Almond Nuts
¼ Cup Walnuts
¼ Cup Brazil Nuts
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
S T E P S
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl, except dried fruits.
- Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer onto an oven tray, spreading evenly. Allow to roast for 40minutes, stirring occasionally to allow even roasting.
- After 40 minutes in the oven, add dried fruits and put back in the over for another 10 minutes.
- Viola, it’s ready.
- Enjoy and be merry. Feliz navidad!
Ps; Fruits are left to last so they don’t dry out even further.
I hope these steps are helpful, and the granola delightful. If you do try it out, please share with me. Would love to see what you came up with.
Be Right Back,